And here they are….the earrings for the auction FINALLY done. In the end I decided to go with just the silver ear wire/loops and the copper charms. I have been feeling a little minimalist lately, and in typical fashion, decided to make something that I would want to wear, even though I have to give these away. I am pleased with they way they turned out. Although I could point out about 1001 things that are wrong with them I’m choosing to focus on what’s right. I love the hammered look on the silver and I think the “snakeskin” pattern on the triangles looks pretty groovy. Inspired to make some more again soon!
In other news, I started an art journal, which has already brought up a few interesting emotions and reactions that I would not have anticipated (and I was only working on a cover!) I think I am going to like working on it, although I can see where it could get a might bit expensive. It’s a great excuse to buy art supplies. However, other than a minor expenditure today for some spray ink and washi tape (which I have been very interested in trying) my goal is to use things already on hand or things that I find/get for free. The cover is a work in progress, but I may just post a picture of it soon if I am feeling brave enough.