Well, day 30 of Project: Create is here, and it found me outside ALL day because spring has finally arrived in Seattle! And in true Seattle spirit it is supposed to rain tomorrow, so it was imperative to get outside today. I thought awhile about what to post. I definitely did not want to miss the last day, but my heart was yearning to go out and play, garden, and generally just loaf about outside.
I’m still trying to absorb the last month, and what it all means. Although it is just a small part of my creative journey (got to get to work on those 2012 five handmade gifts challenge…) it has had a big impact. One thing I know for sure, creating on a regular basis, having an outlet for my energy and some quality time to focus on things that are important to me, make me better able to deal with the other facets of my life that need time, attention, and patience. I suspected this might be the case, but the last month truly confirms that.
So, for the last day I posted this photo:
Tomorrow, I start on a project for a lovely friend…a 20″ hand-made chain. It’s been awhile since I made anything like this so I’m really excited. You can bet there will be lots of photos and documentation 🙂
And finally, I was tagged in a game of blog tag by Bec at Clouds of Color, whose blog I really admire. And though I am woefully behind in answering, I decided to give it shot anyway:
1. If you had one wish, what would it be? To have a bunch more wishes!
2. What inspires you to blog? Keeping a record of what I am working on, and connecting to others.
3. Mac or PC?! PC
4. What was the last movie you saw? I just re-watched the first Harry Potter movie.
5. Do you have a collection of something? If so, what? Small, little funky bud vases (photo below.)
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I’m living in my dream city right now (Seattle) so I’m very lucky!
7. If you were down to your last $10, what would you buy? Probably anything that my son was in need of. I’m sure he would say Legos!
8. What inspired you to start a blog? It’s a who: My super creative friend Tyler @ Baby Lux Design.
9. What did you love most about your childhood? Family vacations to Disneyland and Bodega Bay, CA.
10. Which is your favourite flower? Ranunculus…I love all it’s layers.
11. Favourite artist/musician? Just way too hard to choose! I am a huge music fan and it’s a love that spans genres. Lately I have been listening a lot to The Lumineers.