I have been experimenting in my small journal with a few different techniques. Just playing around and having fun. I have to say that I’ve been having a harder time than I thought I would keeping my inner control-freak from taking over the experimentation process. My control freak voice says “make something. anything, but don’t just splash stuff around….” Still a bit of a struggle to make it about the journey, not the destination.
Anyway, I did another experiment in texture, except this time instead of using acrylics, I used inks + saran wrap. It created this interesting ghost-like effect which I really liked. Definitely a different outcome from the last attempt with paint. I will definitely experiment more with this technique. It has interesting possibilities.
The next experiment was a little messier. It involved running watered-down acrylic down the page, letting it semi-dry, and then blasting it off with they spray attachment on my kitchen faucet. Not sure how I was led to the idea of trying this, but I really like what happened. The edges of the drips were dry and remained, while the center was liquid enough still to be washed away. Kind of groovy.